Saturday, June 24, 2017

What you wearing on rainy days?

Several years ago I added to my wardrobe all possible items to remove excuses from running. Today as I was heading out there was a great possibility of rain (again-thank the Lord). So, I grabbed the bright green rain pullover that's perfect for days like today. Do you know what happens inside a rain pullover on a humid day (when it only sprinkles on you)?

So as the mental gripes were pouring like sweat inside the pullover the bottom dropped out. Yes sir, the rain poured down and all of a sudden I felt like genius in green. All this made me consider what we are wearing when we go out in the world. As a Christ follower there is a good chance I am walking into things I better be prepared for in my life.

  • Galatians 3:27 And all who have been united with Christ in baptism have put on Christ, life putting on new clothes.
  • Ephesians 6:13 Therefore, put on every piece of God's armor so you will be able to resist the enemy in the time of evil. Then after the battle you will still be standing firm.

So, daily I must put on Christ Jesus. This is a matter of presenting myself to Him everyday to be fully surrendered to Him in order to be fully equipped for the day.

Workout: 6 miles (road work and then track), 10 sets of stadium stairs, core, stretch, and towel off.


No comments:

Post a Comment