Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Do That Again! Again!

Every once in a while I have to be reminded with my workout to go back and work out. There have been some great training routines that are wonderful and challenging. I am actually encouraged to go
back and try again.

Today was one of those days to try again. The distance was not great but pushing for faster and quicker feet was great. It will also pay off in the future.

While hitting the track I was reminded that our spiritual walk is also a place to try again. We are preparing ourselves for the long distance and some of us kick in to faith responses when things get difficult. But we need to remember the daily routines of the faith too and try again. Remember Jesus words to the Ephesus church in Revelation 2?

"But I have this complaint against you. You don't love me or each other as you did at first! Look how far you have fallen! Turn back to me and do the works you did at first. If you don't repent, I well come and remove your lampstand from its place among the churches." (2:4-5 NLT).

In fact, this may be the reason that we are in the condition we are in our nation. The church in America have left the first love. We need to go back and try again the practices, the disciplines, the daily routines of the faith or we may continue to lose our influence.

Workout: 1 mile warm up, ballistics, 400 repeats x 4 (30 second break), stadium stairs x 10, core, stretch - and great conversation with a friend I saw.

Here's a great article that helps explain how we may have gotten to where we are today:
How Benjamin Franklin , a deist, became the founding father of a unique kind of American faith





No comments:

Post a Comment