Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Locked Out!

Interesting day! My plans changed suddenly when I was locked out of the track. (Not really but they did have an event going on and I decided to hit the street to run). Here's the run down: 3 miles through town and core work. Light day.

Funny thing was being locked out for real. The boys thought I had my keys so they locked the doors. Good boys! There I was dripping and ready to head inside with no possible way but to try to break into my own house. I decided to wait for someone with a key.

Spiritually we can get locked out too. Many times we try and figure a way in based on our efforts, cunning, or even charm. But we discover those efforts are just that efforts and we are still locked out. We need to come to the right door first. Then we need to humbly make our way through that door. For you see a way (a door) has been opened to us through Jesus Christ.

Change your plans today to Jesus' plans for you. Then Jesus said to them again, "Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep...."I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture..."I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep.  (John 10:7,9,11) 


Self-awareness is not just a bunch of amino acids bumping together.
Robert Anson Heinlein  

No comments:

Post a Comment