Monday, June 17, 2013

Sluggish but Soulful

Mellow Greetings it's Monday! A sluggish kind of day for many of us. Today was a day of pace. I ran 6 miles through town and one around the track. But I was sluggish and slow. So my mind took over and began to ponder people which lead me to moments of prayer. In fact, if you are reading this I prayed for you today.

Some days we can get sluggish and it helps to remember that we can become soulful. I love the Scripture that reminds us to pray with out ceasing ( 1 Thessalonians 5:17). Even on those sluggish days you can still pray.

My prayer list today: don't let me die out here, help me make it over that next hill. Then people started popping in my mind and I prayed for wisdom, insight, direction, compassion, and even for a few of you to become patient in your current situation. The more I prayed the easier it actually was for me to maintain my snails pace!

Remember today its not how fast you finish - it is that you finish strong. Pray, pray some more, and when you think your done say a quick one for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment